Here are the questions that I will ask you to write on for the quiz. These will need to detailed and reference specific people, events, etc. Mush demonstrate that you have put considerable time into preparing. There will also be a section of multiple choice (10-20) relating to WWII. You will be choosing 3 of these. 1 on FDR/New Deal and 2 on WWII
- Outline the causes of the Great Depression and the actions FDR’s administration took provide immediate relief, pass sweeping reforms, and attempt to create a lasting recovery.
- George Will described the changes in power that came with FDR as a large hand in a soft baseball glove. It never shrinks back to its original size. Discuss the significance of FDR’s presidency.
- Describe the events overseas that drew the U.S. steadily closer to war and the anti-war/isolationist feelings that griped American society.
- Evaluate the impact of the war on domestic life in the U.S. You will want to consider the war’s impact on various groups, regions, and economics.
- Using the UPFRONT article and the textbook, discuss the creation of the atomic bomb and questions of whether it was necessary to ensure Japanese surrender.
NOTE: IT WILL BE HELPFUL TO GO BACK AND WATCH THE CRASH COURSE VIDEOS ON WWII AND THE NEW DEAL.
I also tossed in a picture of FDR that I drew